Friday 31 December 2004

My First Online Shopping in India

I was looking for a book on hibernate, specifically "Hibernate in Action", but couldn't find one in local book stores. Luckily the book was available at FirstAndSecond.com . I was bit reluctant trying on indian online books stores. But finally finding no other altrantive I ordered the book.



And my experience has been mixed. It took them overall 5 days to ship my book. Thinking about the general nature of indians, I would regard myself as lucky, that I was able to get that fast. But what frusturated me was that 4 out of 5 days took to verify the credit card payment. For 4 days the status of my order was for verification of my online credit card payment. And this is what kept me fed up for the first 4 days. And luckily the courier service just took one day to ship the book within Delhi.



The second thing that I felt bad was: FirstAndSecond. com mentions about Cash on Delivery option on their website, but when one actually goes and selects an option for payment, the Cash on Delivery option is missing. This kind of inconsistency is simply not acceptable from such a company.



One of my other friends who had sent a gift to a friend from one of the online indian company was surprised to find out that the bill reciept was sent along with the gift. These kind of negligiences simply should not exist.



I hope in this coming year, indian online companies will improve their quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment