Monday 27 September 2004

Indian Barbie goes Mobile!

Came to know from Mobile Weblog, about barbies with REAL mobiles!



Mattel in India have launched a Barbie doll, impeccably dressed as always, but also with her own must-have accessory - a mobile phone.



But this is no toy - the mobile works. Barbie's owners can Instant Message Barbie and friends who have a Barbie too. Plus the look of the phone can be changed to match her clothes. It's priced at R 1199 (USD 26), according to The Statesman.



Whatever next - a phone for dogs? Ahh, we had that last week.



Caveat - I can't find any collaboration of this, but if it isn't true now, it will be shortly.



My best idea for Barbie was producing clothes for kids, so that they could dress like her. Mattel didn't think kids would like this - they were joking, right? Now as a parent, I'm glad it never happened. Don't tell her I wrote this, but Barbie is a bit errr...tarty in her dress sense and I wouldn't like my kids copying her in quite that way.




Whats next on the line ?

No comments:

Post a Comment