Friday 25 July 2008

Semantic Web - Salzburg Research a look back

While googling on the internet, I came across a Report on various semantic web technologies that I myself prepared while working at Salzburg Research.

http://colab.cim3.net/file/work/SICoP/DRMITIT/metokis_d10_kcca_final.pdf

I remember working, reading tens of research papers, writing and reviewing this 90 page document. This was one of my first big and professional deliverables and being the lead was a hard time :-). In meetings I was perhaps the youngest guy and here I was talking to experts, researchers, professors, industry folks and trying to make them understand and build use cases, tools for Semantic Web.

But I owe all this to my mentors Sigi and Wernher. They boosted my thinking and always were very appreciative of what I did. They were one of the best guys that I met in my life.

Another interesting experience was a RDF graphics tool that I built along with a smart guy Rupert. I didn't realise when me and Rupert became great team members and made this tool for viewing RDF graphs. And this all started as a pass time weekend hobby.

http://semweb.salzburgresearch.at/apps/rdf-gravity/

But all this looks way back in 2004. At times it looks I have become really old :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment