Tuesday 12 April 2005

100 million and Growing

Today morning, I opened newspaper and found an interesting piece of information.

I knew the the mobile market in India is growing at a much rapid pace. Phone connections in India have just crossed the 100-million mark! I remember the days when everyone including my parents had to wait for months to get a phone connection. And if you want instant connection (instant meant delay of a month or two months), you had to pay huge sum of money.

The tally at the 100-million mark is expected to be 54 million mobile phones and 46 million landlines. India is expected to have 200 million phone connections by 2007. The number of mobile connections have already overtaken number of landlines. I think indian people are a lot talkitive :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment